Friday 3 June 2011

Makeup Review: Hiding Blushing and general redness 1



 I'm in two minds about this; in one way I think if blushing is a big problem for you and is inhibiting you from doing things that could help combat your anxiety, then trying to hide your blushing with makeup could be benefiicial. On the other hand I think over analysing and concentrating on your appearance and possible blushing could make you blush more.

I deinitely think that if you have enough courage to go into a potentially anxiety provoking situation without anti redness makeup (or any specific aid to stop your blushing) then that is the best way to make it stop. The more you expose yourself to social situations the easier they will become, and the less you think about yourself and how you are being judged the better.

Anyhow. Back to the review I was supposed to be doing.

I blush a lot, (or at least I do if I actually go into a situation that makes me nervous) and it is my most noticable physical symptom. Because of this I have slowly developed a fear of blushing which has obviously made my anxiety worse.
I have been trying different makeup in an attempt to hide my blushing so I can feel less worried about people noticing it.

There are a few ways you can disguise blushing::

  • Using a green powder or cream under makeup to counteract redness.
  • Using a yellow powder or cream under makeup to counteract redness.
  • Using more blusher than normal so that when you blush it is less of a drastic change.
  • Using a powder/mineral foundation to cover redness.
  • Using a fake tan on your face, which will partly cover redness and disguise it as a fake tan will have yellow undertones.
  •  Using a powder brozer to hide redness.


Have a look at my next post to see the products I have tried and what I thought of  their effectiveness. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...